On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 12:00:16 +0100
Jim Nagel <nets...@abbeypress.co.uk> wrote:

> is there any way of automatically providing my username and password
> when i go to a certain website i need to use frequently?

It depends.  If the site is using basic auth (ie, the browser pops up a
dialogue box asking you for a username and password) you can often pass
this information in the URL;

        http://username:passw...@www.foo.bar.com/

If the user name and password is collected via a form on the web page,
and the site doesn't have a "remember me" tick box, you'll need to use
a browser that can automatically fill in forms and remember passwords
for you.

There was a hack floating about to automatically fill in forms for
browsers under RISC OS, but I don't recall its name.

B.