On 16 Apr 2009 Rob Kendrick wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 12:00:16 +0100
> Jim Nagel <nets...@abbeypress.co.uk> wrote:

>> is there any way of automatically providing my username and password
>> when i go to a certain website i need to use frequently?

> It depends.  If the site is using basic auth (ie, the browser pops up a
> dialogue box asking you for a username and password) you can often pass
> this information in the URL;

>         http://username:passw...@www.foo.bar.com/

> If the user name and password is collected via a form on the web page,
> and the site doesn't have a "remember me" tick box, you'll need to use
> a browser that can automatically fill in forms and remember passwords
> for you.

For sites that use login forms I've set up mini-forms on my local home
page. All the fields are hidden except for the 'submit' button which
has its value changed to indicate the site. Values are inserted for
the username and password, and any relative url is changed to
absolute. This seems to work well for many sites, but some need two
attempts presumably because the site expects to find a cookie set by
the login page.

--
 _
|_|. _   Richard Porter               http://www.minijem.plus.com/