On 28 May 2009, Michael Drake <t...@netsurf-browser.org> wrote:
> In article <55618f6250.roger...@rogerarm.freeuk.com>,
>    Roger Darlington <roger...@freeuk.com> wrote:

[snip]

> > This also prompted me to look in ScrapDirs.WWW.NetSurf.Cache. This
> > contains a whopping 202MB in 5866 files.
>
> The reason for the slow load and big cache is you have NetSurf set to
> remember a year of browsing history.
>
> In NetSurf's choices choose Security, and lower the value for Duration
> in Site history. The default it 28 days.

In my copy of NetSurf, Site history is set to 1 day, but Global history
still has entries for Yesterday, Tuesday, Monday, Last week, 2 weeks ago
and 3 weeks ago. It seems that expiry doesn't work correctly. I filed a
bug report on 3 October 2007:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1806826&group_id=51719&atid=464312

The Cache contains thumbnail images, which should be displayed in the
expanded entries in Global history. However, the association, between
url and thumbnail, appears to be lost when NetSurf is quit so that,
apart from those relating to the current session, the thumbnails - and
cache - are superfluous. I described this problem, on 3 Dec 2008, in
message <03ccf80750.old_coas...@old_coaster.yahoo.co.uk> but, in the
absence of any response, didn't file a bug report. Perhaps I should do
so now?

Tony