On 28 May 2009, Michael Drake <t...@netsurf-browser.org> wrote:
> In article <715a976250.old_coas...@old_coaster.yahoo.co.uk>,
>    Tony Moore <old_coas...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> > On 28 May 2009, Michael Drake <t...@netsurf-browser.org> wrote:
> > > In article <55618f6250.roger...@rogerarm.freeuk.com>,
> > >    Roger Darlington <roger...@freeuk.com> wrote:
>
> > [snip]

> > > The reason for the slow load and big cache is you have NetSurf set
> > > to remember a year of browsing history.
> > >
> > > In NetSurf's choices choose Security, and lower the value for
> > > Duration in Site history. The default it 28 days.
>
> > In my copy of NetSurf, Site history is set to 1 day, but Global
> > history still has entries for Yesterday, Tuesday, Monday, Last week,
> > 2 weeks ago and 3 weeks ago.
>
> If I understand it right, the site history setting controls how long
> things like thumbnails are kept in the cache. I think the global
> history is fixed at 28 days.

The User Guide says otherwise:

   Site history

      NetSurf records all the web sites you have visited as part of its
      global history feature. Entries can be deleted from the global
      history window directly and NetSurf allows the length of time
      items are kept in global history to be configured.

   Duration

      This option can be used to set the length of time entries are
      stored in global history, before they are deleted. Setting the
      duration to zero days turns off the global history feature.

Tony