On Fri 29/05/09 00:12 , Rob Kendrick <r...@netsurf-browser.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 28 May 2009 19:44:31 +0100
> Steve Fryatt  wrote:
> > > Maybe font canning could be filtered?  And also, once the fonts
> have
> > > been canned where is the data cached? Is it wasting space
> somewhere
> > > y retaining font data for fonts that will probably never be
> used?
> >
> > It's stored in !Scrap (in a file called RUfl_cache).  On this
> > machine, with a few fonts installed, it takes up 277K.  I think
> > that's a reasonable price to pay for improved text display.
> And is another reason why people shouldn't keep !Scrap in a RAM
> disc,

But isn't the whole idea of !Scrap, that all the files stored inside it are
temporary files?
Therefore storing !Scrap in a RAMDisc would appear logical.

Regards
--
Paul Stewart -  Far Bletchley, Milton Keynes, UK.

Be Bold.  Dare To Be Different.  Use RISC OS (http://www.riscos.com).
It's blue and from outta town - The A9home
(http://www.advantage6.co.uk/A9hsplash.html).
A9home Compatibility page -
(http://www.phawfaux.co.uk/a9home/compatibility.asp).