On Fri, 29 May 2009 18:29:03 +0100
Steve Fryatt <li...@stevefryatt.org.uk> wrote:

> There's "temporary", and "temporary".  Also, until someone (Adam
> Richardson, IIRC) came up with Cache, RISC OS didn't have defined
> "somewhere" to store "non-transient internal data that isn't
> choices".  As such, Scrap seems to be the best compromise.

Actually, that was my idea, and Adam has taken forward, and developed
upon. :)

Search the developer's list's archives back to almost 3 years ago; 12
June 2006, in a thread called "RUfl_cache".

I don't think the idea got enough momentum to really take off; the
suggestion being that not enough people sabotage their own system by
putting !Scrap into a RAM disc for it to be worth it.

B.