Hi James!!! (sorry for calling you Dennis)

    I replay my previus email to you from my University, so I could not
check the setting in my BIOS. As soon as I arrived to my home, I when to
check the setting in the bios. There were one for comunication port 1,
and another for MODEM. The comunication port was set to com1 which was
3F8-3FF and irq 4. The one on modem was set as it is on windows : com2
2F8-2FF (I think) and irq 3.

    If you remember, my problem was that when I reboot Linux. I was
getting my modem on the com1, when in reality it was in com2. What I did
was set in the MODEM FIELD on the BIOS to disable and on the
COMUNICATION PORT I inserted the address of the com2 and it irq=3.

    After all these settings, thanks to you, I is under linux in the
right port. I checked setserial /dev/ttyS1 and now I am getting the
right uart=16550A, address and irq. So in other words, the modem I think
is where it should be.

    Now I am trying to use the kppp, SETUP->MODEN->QUERY MODEM. And it
said MODEM READY and after a few seconds it said MODEM DOES'T RESPOND.

    Do you have any susgestion?

    Thanks for your time james!!

PS: I pretty sure that my modem is not a win modem because I call compaq
and they told me so. Also it has no jumpers on it.