> > I have a official sound blaster 16 ISA card in my linux box.  I am new to
> > linux and don't exactly know how to get linux to initialize and recognize
> > it.  Any help in getting it working would be helpfull.  Thankyou in
> > advance...Later, :)
> >

> G'day Bob
>
> Me again, from the command line logged in as root run sndconfig, should get up
> up and going

Sorry to butt in again...but will this work without having to configure via
isapnp? (I'm still scratching my head over this thing. I _know_ it's a pretty
powerful tool but I can't seem to get it to work for my ESS 1869 chip) Does
sndconfig work for any card or just sound blaster 16s?

Also...how do I test that the card works? Do I have to tweak anything else to get
it to play wavs etc? (I tried after many times with pnpconfig and then launching
KDE and tried playing wavs etc...no luck. I'm missing something and I just know
it's something trivial...btw, I read the docs...I think it assumes some degree of
Linux familiarity.)

Any tips?

TIA
--