> > OK, I ran sndconfig and it didn't recognize my ISA SB16 card.  I
manually
> > set it up (to the best of my degree) on IRQ 8.  Ok, I know that has to
be
> > the right IRQ because when I try to test a sound in KDE, it plays it,
but
> > it plays it in bursts.  It is kind of hard to explain.  It will play for
> > like .1 second, .1 second, .1 second until the whole wav is finished.  I
am

That's interesting.  What motherboard & CPU do you have in the machine?  I
ask because
I've had this long term problem with a friend's machine where I get the
exact same
behavior with sound under Linux.  His motherboard is some 486 clone with a
Cyrix (AMD?) 133
"Pentium" upgrade chip.

Matthew Valenta
[EMAIL PROTECTED]