Brian Erikson wrote:

> Idris Samawi Hamid wrote:
>
> > "Mandrake is dead. The whole idea behind Mandrake was to integrate KDE
> > with RedHat. Now that RedHat has KDE as an option, what's the need for
> > Mandrake?"
>
> Idris,
> Well I have installed both RH6.0 and Mandrake5.3 and the Mandrake
> installation
> is much better even tho older.  I think Mandrake will do a wonderful job
> on
> the next release and will more than likely be worth the money.
>
> Brian

Just talk to people using Redhat and you'll be surprised as to how many
features they still have to configure on their box. Mandrake is not only
Redhat + KDE. It's overall a better distribution in all aspects and we have
to give the Mandrake team credit for that. Redhats RPM packaging just
provides the packaging of the software (It sounds redundant I know). If
Mandrake was just a mirror image of Redhat then why make us wait for
Mandrake 6. They could have ridden the bandwagon which Redhat unfortunately
seems to have done and released it. Redhat 6 is using many early releases
while Mandrake 6 I expect would put in the more stable versions.

Gilbert