Doug Brown wrote:

> > In response I  muttered a couple of things about extra tidbits that come
> > with Mandrake but I did not sound very convincing, even to myself.
>
> Are you forgetting about cost?  RH 6.0 Official is $80.00 with the core
> version $40.00.  I paid, like, $1.89 plus S&H for Mandrake 5.3.
> Big difference!

Another reason why Mandrake is doomed... how can they keep on updating it, if
they don't get any morey for it? Simple answer: they don't. I learned my
lesson  when KDE updated to 1.1.1 and installing it on my Mandrake proved
impossible (worse: I lost my Xwindows)
If you want it cheap, download it and burn your own. Mandrake is not the
standard and necver will be. Pity. It was nice while it lasted. :-(

Rgds

Martin
,