On Mon, 24 May 1999, Martin Cleaver wrote:

> Another reason why Mandrake is doomed...

It isn't.

> how can they keep on updating it, if
> they don't get any morey for it? Simple answer: they don't.

Did you have a look at the 6.0 beta? Would you call it "not updated"?
Granted, we haven't released many updates to 5.3 recently, but the one and
only reason for this is that we're rather busy working on 6.0 right now.

> I learned my
> lesson  when KDE updated to 1.1.1 and installing it on my Mandrake proved
> impossible (worse: I lost my Xwindows)

This can have only two reasons - either you tried to install a wrong RPM
(maybe an RPM for Mandrake 6, which can't work?), or you tried to compile
yourself and made some mistake.

KDE 1.1.1 works rather well on my Mandrake boxes, and is included with
6.0.

LLaP
bero