From: Rich McCabe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I will give that a try in the morning. And Dan the Cisco is plugged
directly
> into the hub and I will be sending this E Mail with it. It works OK
but I
> want to use IP masquerading on the Linux box and have everything go
through
> it. Maybe not needed, but my experience so far with dial ups has been
the

    Masqing is cool, all right.  It just seems to me (and I'm certainly
no expert) that this system is more complicated than it needs to be, by
at least one device.  If you're going to be doing masqing on the linux
box anyway, it could just as well be set up as its own router, and you
wouldn't need the Cisco at all.  You'd just plug eth0 straight into the
DSL modem, and eth1 into the hub--and it's in this sort of application
that I'd prefer going with a separate, dedicated Linux box as a router.
Whether the info is there to properly configure the Linux box is, of
course, a separate issue.

> modem connection. No Kidding. Besides, I have to "out cool" my
buddies. A

    Always a good reason... <g>