----- Original Message -----
From: J Mann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, July 08, 1999 12:35 AM
Subject: Re: [newbie] icq

> Yants wrote:
> >
> > Is it possible to run ICQ on Linux using WINE? If so, how..?
>
> There are plenty of ICQ clients for Linux. Surf on over to
> www.freshmeat.net and search for ICQ.
>
> --
> Jeremy Mann
> http://manndesigns.dynip.com
> icq://21081443
> email:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

If you want to hang with the original, there is ICQJava from Mirabilis.  It
doesn't offer all of the options you get with ICQ99 in windows, but neither
do the linux ICQ clones.  You can register for a new UIN with ICQJava though
if you don't have one.  One important note, with windows, you need to create
a 'conf' folder in your ICQJava directory to store your UIN and contacts; I
believe you need to do the same in linux (haven't tried it yet).

Manny Styles
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
---
If the cops arrest a mime, do they tell him he has the right to remain
silent?