Hi Folks,

I'm just starting with Linux and really like what I'm seeing so far. A few
questions, though:

1. I got the sound working ok, but it's really tinny, and the bass slider in
the mixer doesn't seem to make much difference. Does this just mean I've got
a cheesy sound card, or is it possible it's just misconfigured? I bought the
machine used, and I can't tell anything about the sound card's make or
model.

2. Xconfigure has done a decent job finding settings that will work, but
whenever anything on screen animates (minimizing windows, sliding that tool
bar thingy in and out) the screen goes kind of jittery. As soon as the
animation finishes, the jitters stop too. I'm using the monitor for several
other machines, and it works fine. The video is the built-in video on the
Dell OptiPlex GMT5133 with 2MB of VRAM running at 1024x768 at 16 bits. How
do I stop the jitters?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Sean McMains