> I'm not clear what you mean by jitters, is it slowing down or is it more
> like bad tv reception. Judgeing from the hardware i'd lower the resolution
> or try a lighter windowmanager..

Sorry about the ambiguity. It's more like bad TV reception. The icons are
briefly visible about an inch to the right of where they normally are, but
not for every scanline. So it looks a bit like ghosting, only more digital,
if you know what I mean. I tried a lower resolution to no avail. Besides, if
the card supports that resolution, shouldn't it work if the driver is
properly written? Or are we still in the process of working out bugs for the
various video cards?

Like I said, I'm new to all of this, so be gentle if I'm being dopey. :)

Sean