> Basically what Partition Magic does that fdisk doesn't, is resize existing
> partitions without requiring you to first destroy them (and everything on
them)
> and recreate them.  I guess that's convenient but -I- wouldn't pay $70 for
it.
> :)

It also does a good job of cleaning up after other people's messes. It is
usually available for $50 or less, especially in bundles with other tools.
If I had only one machine, I probably would not have it. With 5 machines,
and with a variety of unpluggable drives in support of various environments,
I find it to be a lifesaver when it is needed at all.