On Thu, 5 Aug 1999, Noonan, Mr Sean P. wrote:

> I just purchased and installed Mandrake 6.0 and clicked on the "updates"
> icon within KDE/X.  I chose a local mirror.  The program came back and gave
> me several RPMs that needed to be upgraded.  I clicked on the button that
> said something like "go get the updates".  It got the updates without a
> problem.  However, upon trying to install the updates, I got an error
> messages telling me that the RPMs were for a "different architecture".
> Indeed, the RPMs the update utility received had "i586" in their names.  I'm
> running on a 486, not a 586.

Please tell me how you managed to get it to run on a 486. It's not
supposed to work on a 486 (I'm currently compiling a 486 compatible
version though) and we never claimed it would.

If you keep using this version on a 486, you'll probably run into a lot
more problems. You should wait for the 486 version (should be only a
couple of days from now), or use a distribution that wasn't made for
Pentium+ processors.

LLaP
bero