Joao C Agostini wrote:

> Hello
>
>         Does by chance anybody have a scanner of the mark Umax S-6E? I saw in
> the sane that there is the drive for him, but when I made the
> installation of Mandrake it didn't consist a scsi board for him. I wrote
> for to Umax so that they informed me which the type of the scsi board
> that they used for S-6E, but until today I didn't obtain answer. Did I
> Read in the documents of the sane that the kernel should include a
> module (?) of generic scsi, what module is this? How do I do so that it
> is carried by the kernel or so that it is included in him? What should
> read to enable my scanner? At once thank you very much.

The SCSI board that ships with the S-6E is a completely worthless piece
of crap and should be tossed into the nearest trash can.  Pick up a
cheap Adaptec and install the kernel drivers for it and you'll be fine
with that scanner.  I used to run the same here with an AHA-1524 card
(at least, I think that was the number of the card, it's been awhile).

--
Steve Philp
Network Administrator