I have a PC w/ Mandrake 5.3 currently on it.  I want to totally drop
windows on this box and think I am ready to do so.   When I installed Linux
to this machine I used a separate hard drive for Linux and left the
original to Windows 95.   It's a Pent. 60 with  a 540MB and a 810MB hard
drive.

When I do a reinstall I want to create more than just the / (root) and
/swap partitions I did last time.   Can I put /, /boot, & /whatever else on
dev/hda and other partitions on the second HD which would be /dev/hdb?
I'm sure this should work, but which partitions should go on which drive?
And what sizes should I make them?   I know /boot should be around 20MB,
but not sure on the rest.

Ideas / recommendations welcome.   This PC will be networked to one or two
other home PCs and will mainly be for net access, office applications and
general experimentation.
Brian

"My God, it's full of penguins!"  Finally true.