From:   Rick Fry [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Monday, August 16, 1999 7:54 AM
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        Re: [[newbie] Linux for home consumers?]

Cute. I'm running Mandrake 6.0 with crummy graphics, Windows 98 second
edition and Windows 2000 release candidate 1 with 1280 by 1024 by 24 bit
graphics and I haven't seen a bsod in months. I'm running on a celeron 400
with 128M of ram and 20G of disk space. Haven't frozen up or crashed in that
many months either. In as much as I'm willing to learn Linux/Unix, you guys
need to get out of the Windows 95/Windows 3.1 syndrome. Windows has grown up
lately and it's obviously passed you by.

Ooops, I take that back. The machine has frozen up a couple of times trying
to get my version of Red Hat to give me better graphics.

----Original Message Follows----
I've only been using linux since May and it's now just about all I use at
home.  It's as easy to use as windows.  In fact, I foret I'm  not in
windows, except no BSOD ;o)

application/ms-tnef