> I have a 520 meg harddrive on my NEC laptop..
>
> I am going to run Slackware 4 on it.. because I can do a Floppy install
> with it.
> Can you do a FTP install of Mandrake??

Yes, you can.  Get the bootnet.img file from /updates/6.0/images off your
local mirror....

> Anyway.. how do you think I should partition my harddrive for a basic X
> internet laptop.. nothing too complicated.. just web email and IRC..

I'd say either:
        1) / and swap space
        2) / and /home and swap space

The only reason you'd want to separate out /home is a) if your root
partition becomes corrupted, you can still preserve your personal files
and b) if you need to upgrade, you don't lose everything when you format
the root partition.

> I am getting a 1.4 gig for the laptop.. so I will be using that in future
> for Linux I think.

That sounds better.  With the way distributions are these days, less than
1GB of hard drive space seems like way too little.

-Matt Stegman
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>