Hi,

I'm having  trouble mounting my zip drive (100M NEC ATAPI) from an
account other than root.

I set up a disk with mke2fs. And here's the relevant line in /etc/fstab:

/dev/hdd                /mnt/zip                auto
sync,user,noauto,nosuid,nodev,unhide 0 0

Then I can mount the disk with:
[root] # mount -t ext2 /dev/hdd /mnt/zip

This lets me create new directories and, presumably, other things. But
when I become a user, I can no longer mount:

[root] $ su joel
[joel] $ mount -t ext2 /dev/hdd /mnt/zip
mount: only root can do that

I thought that was what the "user" option in fstab was for! I even tried
changing "nosuid" to "suid"

Any ideas?

BTW: is there any significant difference between NEC and Iomega zip
drives? The invoice for my new computer says Iomega, but the installed
drive is a NEC. Just wondering if I should demand a replacement....

TIA

Joel