On Tue, 31 Aug 1999, you wrote:
> > I can't believe I have to install a kernel in my brand new install to fix
> > this.  I have no idea how to do this.  I just Mandrake Soft should have
> > fixed this in the boxed versions.  This problem has been out for a long time
> > and now I wasted $39 time and effort on Mandrake 6.0.  How could this
> > possibly be the most bug free version on Linux when you have to replace the
> > kernal right after you install it.
> > Jeanette
> >
> Jeanette:
> It's NOT as hard as you think it is.

Good God. It's not at all hard. RTFM, and if you can't find the manual (or don't
know how to read a man page) ask.

Please please please, don't bitch and moan and complain when you buy software
that has a bug in it that gets fixed in a mater of days, for free. The windows
98 se has a update cd out for it fixing many more problems than the few in
mandrake. Plus it cost me $25 with shipping. Lets see win98 se costs me $90
wholesale and the update cost $25........ Yet the piece of shit still blows up
daily, and my LM6.0 box is up and running for 28 days now (since I ran the rpm
-Uvh to upgrade it). The mandrake cd only cost me 29.99.  One other thing, many
of the updates are security updates that make your system as secure as
possible.  One other thing again, mandrake is not the developer of most of the
packages (update tool not included), so blaming them with a bug in the kernel
is not at all cool.

If you don't want to learn how to use Linux to it's fullest, maybe the Mac Os
would be a better choice?

--
Brett Jones
[EMAIL PROTECTED]