On Wed, 1 Sep 1999, Jeanette Russo wrote:

> The reason I was upset is I just spent a week of intense trying to fix
> Mandrake 5.3 which didn't seem to be that bad and I am not looking forward
> to trying to fix Mandrake 6 which I thought would be ok.  For some reason
> the Mandrake updates is not working.  Not sure what it is supposed to do, is
> it just a web page?  Or does it actually update your system.  I know none of
> this is going to update right, so I am thinking of getting Mandrake 6.1 if I
> can get a copy on a CD since I don't have a CD burner.  I just think sending
> Venus out with such serious problems was bad, but then not to update the
> packages shipped long after the release was really bad.
> Jeanette

Mandrakeupdate, is an update utility
It retieves the list of mirrors
retrieves a list of updates from the mirror you selected
compares whats installed on your system with whats on the mirror
shows you those that are relevent to your system
here you choose which ones you want
it downloads them and upgrades the packages

It should update just fine, i haven't seen any reported problems

Again our applogies for the kernel and initscripts problems. They were not
discovered in time to halt the pressing of the cd's.

--
MandrakeSoft          http://www.mandrakesoft.com/
                                        --Axalon