> Ok...assuming (have to make SOME assumptions here, since you haven't
> given a whole lot of detail) that your Linux is on /dev/hda1 you'd
> type "e2fsck /dev/hda1"
> If your install is on a different drive/partition, you'd use the
> appropriate partition/drive ID. i.e. if it's on your second IDE drive
> and the first partition, it'd be "e2fsck /dev/hdb1"
>
> This MAY not solve your problems. However, it's always a good
> starting point when having problems after a power failure.
>
> If it doesn't work, you may have to nuke your x preferences and start
> over, but that's a BIT beyond my level of expertise.
> John

I give up !, i've try it. and it seem the command (e2fsck) is automatically
running when i booting, and it has been fixed.
maybe like this:
    /dev/hda2 was not cleanly unmounted, check forced

and when login to X and i switch to prompt (by ctrl-alt-F1)
there is a message like this:

stdin: is not tty
wrong char.set

and in X, the volume control always goes to default setting.
I always have to mixing it to reduce the volume.

and when shut downing, i recently get this message:
                                               [FAILED]
/unmount device is busy

and followed in booting process:
/dev/hda2 was not cleanly unmounted, check forced

Why this power failure become a problem in Linux, and X
I choose Linux cos i think Linux can handle power failure
much better than windows.

well, i'll try to reinstall my Mandrake, if the power failure
still become a problem, then i'll delete it.

Thanx any way, for your help.

maybe anyone could help me, i still hope for an answer.

luqman