> Luqman,
> then maybe you should try another dist like slack or Deb.
> try to put them into the same situation, cut the power when its running.
> i think mandrake's kernel optimation is make it so fragile, please correct
> this opinion.

My friend has SuSE, and he have tested his SuSE by pushing the power
button before shutdown (many times), like i do(1x) in my 3rd install,
to test that the distro can pass the power failure. His SuSE always
run smootly without any problem. but Mandrake, only one push of the
power button, then the "mount/unmount [failed]" problem become
an eternal problem in Mandrake until i reinstall it. And it's still be a
problem
after i upgrading the kernel and initscripts.
:-(

Luqman