On Sunday 23 June 2002 12:33 pm, you wrote:
> On Sunday 23 June 2002 10:23 am, Dennis Myers did speak unto the huddled
>
> masses, saying:
> > Hmmmm, now it tells me "wrong fs type, bad option,bad superblock on
> > /dev/sda, or too many mounted file systems.
> > I changed it to /dev/sda to see if that would overcome /dev/sda1 does not
> > exist, but usbview shows:
>
> well mine is sda1 you might be sda0.  should have said that.
>
> i agree, USB is one of the places where linux is less than intuitive.  i
> also wish my scanner was supported :( but i so prefer it to the
> alternative....
I was poking around and usb-storage says it is scsi1
I think, here is the /proc/scsi/usb-storage-0/1  file:

 Host scsi1: usb-storage
       Vendor: Unknown
      Product: USB Storage Device
Serial Number: None
     Protocol: Transparent SCSI
    Transport: Bulk
         GUID: 05e307000000000000000000
     Attached: Yes
So I am thinking this thing should be working.  Is there a stray file I need?
I have the module usb-storage and usb-view and usblibs so what am I missing?
Oh, I know usb works cause my HP Scanjet 5200c works like a champ.  We just
keep on keeping on. TIA for any more suggestions.
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842