On Sunday 23 June 2002 10:59 am, you wrote:
> On Saturday 22 June 2002 09:00 pm, Dennis Myers did speak unto the huddled
>
> masses, saying:
> > >
> > > if i understand you correctly (i likely don't) just make a
> > > /mnt/compactflash directory.
> >
> > I did that and I get " mount: fs type fs=vfat not supported by kernel".
> > So the line I have in fstab is: /dev/sda1 /mnt/compactflash fs=vfat
> > noauto,user 0 0
>
> well the line i use in fstab for my mmc is /dev/sda1 /mnt/floppy vfat user
> 0 0
>
> i think maybe you don't need the "fs=" bit.  also i use kwikdisk to
> mount/unmount.  it works rather well.

Hmmmm, now it tells me "wrong fs type, bad option,bad superblock on /dev/sda,
or too many mounted file systems.
I changed it to /dev/sda to see if that would overcome /dev/sda1 does not
exist, but usbview shows:

usb-storage
Speed: 12Mb/s (full)
USB Version:  1.10
Device Class: 00(>ifc )
Device Subclass: 00
Device Protocol: 00
Maximum Default Endpoint Size: 8
Number of Configurations: 1
Vendor Id: 05e3
Product Id: 0700
Revision Number:  1.13

Config Number: 1
        Number of Interfaces: 1
        Attributes: 80
        MaxPower Needed:  96mA

        Interface Number: 0
                Name: usb-storage
                Alternate Number: 0
                Class: 08(stor.)
                Sub Class: 6
                Protocol: 50
                Number of Endpoints: 2

                        Endpoint Address: 81
                        Direction: in
                        Attribute: 2
                        Type: Bulk
                        Max Packet Size: 64
                        Interval:   0ms

                        Endpoint Address: 02
                        Direction: out
                        Attribute: 2
                        Type: Bulk
                        Max Packet Size: 64
                        Interval:   0ms.
The usb thing seems to be a stumbling block for the newbie who is not used to
command line or knowing computers very well.  I seem to have a problem with
it and I've been using linux for two years now.  Bummer, Any other
suggestions or configs are appreciated. Thanks,

--
Dennis M. linux user #180842