On Saturday 22 June 2002 10:59 pm, you wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Jun 2002 21:30:09 -0500
>
> Dennis Myers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi all, I bought a PNY compact flash card reader, usb type and had seen
> > where several folks were able to use it on Mandrake 8.2.  I tried
> > mounting it but it is not coming up. I used mount -t  vfat /dev/sda1
> > /mnt/compactflash reply is  /mnt/compactflash does not exist.  What or
> > how do I create a mount point for the card reader and how do I find out
> > what it's device name is? Harddrake doesn't tell me, just says unknown.
> > Hate to take it back the package is a pain to put back together. TIA for
> > any help.
> > --
> > Dennis M. linux user #180842
>
> Did you actually make a directory under /mnt called compactflash?  If so,
> your mount command should work (assuming you don't have other SCSI devices,
> in which case, your reader might not be sda1).  Assuming your reader
> actually is sda1 and you have created the directory compactflash under
> /mnt, you can add the following line to your /etc/fstab file: /dev/sda1
> /mnt/compactflash vfat noauto,user
>
> Then you can just say mount /mnt/compactflash and it should work.  BTW, the
> noauto tells linux not to automatically mount it at startup, since it will
> generate an error unless the flash card is actually in it.  The user allows
> a regular user to mount/unmount it.
>
> Joe
All would work I bet if I didn't get the following message:
mount: special device /dev/sda1 does not exist
anyone have an idea of how to create sda1. All the usb and scsi modules are
loaded as far as I can tell. Hope Mandrakesoft is working on getting better
usb support for 9.0. Any help is always appreciated.
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842