On Wednesday 26 June 2002 03:18 am, H.J.Bathoorn wrote:
> On Wed 26 Jun 2002 04:29, John Rigby wrote:
> > The main problem is not your Linux setup or anything else, it is the
> > not-allowed-to-be-discussed-sanely, Cybernazi  anti-spammers.
> > These idiots ( a careful use of the word) can interrupt the flow of
> > messages from you, or anyone to anyone or anywhere else that just happens
> > to route through their Servers.
> > Thus, the spasmodic, but ever-growing problem we all now face from these
> > *uncontrolled* incompetents.
> >

> > They are dictating what reaches this list or any other and we
> > individuals.
> >

> > A curse on all their livestock!
> >

> > Cheers,
> > I-told-you-so-years-ago-rigby
>
> Not only anti-spam!
>
> Over here the mail servers are getting bogged down due to the 'yaha-virus'
> catching on to the 90% majority.
>
> So as a new rule everyone sending more than 10 infected e-mails gets
> blocked off the smtp servers until they're clean again.
> That's called fighting the symptoms not the cause.:o)
>
> Good hunting,
>
> Harm.

Harm:
I've got no beef with telling someone that they can't propagate any more
Microsoft worms/virii until they get their act together. I wish more ISP's
would take that approach. Perhaps it's not attacking the root cause (the
whole damn windows system), but at least it's going after the
co-conspirators. After going through three or four of these episodes, some of
them might start thinking that there might be a better way of doing things.
-- cmg