On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Michael Adams wrote:

> On Sun, 23 Jun 2002 22:23, Ralph Slooten wrote:

> > > I think that there is a problem, that some posts don't have Reply To set
> > > to [EMAIL PROTECTED] (or [EMAIL PROTECTED], ...). So
> > > when you reply the post goes directly to the man who sent it. I don't
> > > know why some posts have Reply To set to some other e-mails but I guess
> > > that these posts have that set in advance and then scripts for this
> > > mailing list don't set it to correct e-mail. Maybe they should correct
> > > scripts to change all Reply To to the correct address or just append the
> > > correct one.
> >
> > I have noticed this too, and it seems to me that it's mostly happening with
> > KMail and Pine from what I see in the headers. It may not only be these
> > that are giving this problem, so maybe it's just a wrong observeration.
> > With the e-mails where it's going wrong however, the "In-Reply-To: header
> > is being set my the mailers, and this is confusing the Mandrake filters or
> > something. Very annoying I know :-(
> >
> > Even my e-mails are getting this problem, and I have looked in the Pine
> > setup but thereis reference as to how to change that. I think it's a
> > server-side config that has to be changed.
> >
> > Greetings
> > Ralph
>
> My KMail "Reply to" is left blank to ensure no probs with this list, and i
> don't have any.

Yes, but as I said, it's "In-Reply-To:", not "Reply-To:". Mine is too left
blank, however when users reply my e-mails on this list I presume that they
get my name in it too, in either CC or To. I don't have this problem on any
other mailing list though, so it's pure Mandrake. Maybe they should filter
out that line or something... just an idea. It seems to me that many more
messages have the "In-Rely-To", but when this comes AFTER the inserted
"Reply-To" (by the mailing list) the problems arise, however when inserted
before, it seems to work flawlesly. Beats me as to what factors determine
where the "Reply-To" header get's added though, but it seems that the mail
programs look at the last of the 2, no matter what the order is. I may be
wrong here, but it seems to match in the several I have just looked at now.

Greetings
Ralph

--
Homepage: http://tuxpower.f2g.net/