Hi John,

Ok...now things are starting to make a little more sense. you will want
to upgrade to the latest release of Mozilla. The latest release is 1.0
and it's definately awesome, and in much better shape then the version
you're currently running. you'll see the difference immediately. you can
grab it from my ftp server if you like. It's a nice fast cable
connection so you should have any trouble getting good download speed.

host: mdw1982.dyndns.org
password: your-email-address
path: /pub/linux/online
filename: mozilla-i686-pc-linux-1.0-sea.tar.gz

This particular tarball comes with an install script so all you have to
do is untar it, enter the directory created when untarring the package
and run the install script. real straightforward.

- --
daRcmaTTeR
- ----------
Registered Linux User 182496

OK , I will do, I thought that there must be something better  than
this, else my istall was wonky.
John

Mon 01.07.02 BST

OK, I have your download programme  and I gather it's a programme to
install from the net the latest
Mozilla 1.0 install. I am somewhat cautious here because my internet
connections cannot be relied upon to
aford reliable connection beyound an average of 20min. I'm guessing here
but I think the download install might well take a while , so the
question is , does it support resume facilities , I don't think so, but
correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyhow I now have mozilla -i586-pc-linux-gnu-1.0-sea.tar.gz (12.4mb)
uncompressed =12.8mb
When completed will this method of install include gehko and MRE ?

I also have from mozilla website,

mozilla-source-1.0.tar.gz  (38.0mb)
                                   uncompressed = 224.5mb
mozilla-source-1.0.tar.bz2(28.2mb)
                                 uncompressed = 238.2mb
I guess these are complete installs by their size, though they may not
include gehko and MRE ?
Does anyone know whether these tar balls would support alien RPM rebuilds?

Also , if I go down the tar ball install route, is it necessary to
remove the rpm version of mozilla first?
Is there likely to be conflict?
I would prefer to retain the old mozilla installation until ater the new
is up and configured, if possible.

I would appreciate the advice of your more extensive experience ,
Thanks,

John

--
John Richard Smith