add umask=0 after the iocharset=iso8859-1

/dev/sda4 /mnt/zip auto
user,iocharset=iso8859-1,umask=0,exec,codepage=850,noauto 0 0

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Richard Holt
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2002 7:57 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] how to mount zip drive, post install, Dell laptop

On Monday, 22 July 2002 03:41 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Even though you created the mount point, did you mount it?
> In KDE there should be a icon on the desktop for the zip.
>
> mount /mnt/zip
>
> I think that is what it is

Thanks, yes, I tried it. I get a dialog:

X Error
        Could not mount device.
        the reported error was:

        mount: special device /dev/sda4 does not exist.

Apparently something isn't right in the line in fstab, but I've not
found a better example.

regards,
Richard.