At 01:13 AM 10/18/2002 +1300, you wrote:

I know this is 3 months late but I just found the instructions on how to
install a parallel zip drive after installing your system.  In the past I
couldn't do it and had to reinstall the system to get my zip drive working
as I read somewhere that you had to use mknod to create the device and I
couldn't figure how from the man page (don't understand the minor/major
thing).

Anyway simple instructions are here:
http://www.iomega.com/support/documents/10661.html

I was surprised at just how simple it is!  Took all of 2 minutes!

Sharrea
--
Thx Sharrea! I was about to ask how to do this or hunt the web... whichever came first. My question is related tho... I've ripped out hte floppy on my desktop machine (don't ask why ... long story). So now when i install MDK It asks do i want to add packages selection to a floppy drive. Well YES I BLOODY WELL DO! But I have no floppy... so will a zip drive work in this situation?!

I don't think it will but maybe someone can point me to how to do this? or if its been done before?
---
Femme