On Monday 29 July 2002 01:55 am, civileme wrote:
> Thanks for the heads-up.  I haven't seen that one before but it works
> very nicely.   I can reproduce by intentionally malforming a menu entry
> in /usr/lib/menu
>
> Shoot. looks like we need a syntax checker for thoser entries with an
> interactive (this is bad, delete it?)...

Any ideas what might be a good thing to grep for that might find these errors?

I tried the other suggestion (rm ~/.menu-* ; rm -rf ~/.menu and then
update-menus -v as root) and that didn't fix it so I'm assuming this is the
real problem.

The software I installed just before it broke has been de-installed and I
don't see it's menu items anywhere. I just spent a half hour searching for
bad-looking menu items but I have no clue.

Well, at least it looks like we're moving in the right direction :-)

Thanks,

-Mad

--
Madness is soil in which creativity grows

                                 - Chris Bielek