> Hi
> Need help again
> I have some lost files I do not find anywhere, but I know I just copied
> them there 3 days ago.
> The dir is empty.
>
> I use konqueror as my filemanager and when I have a look at the
> properties of /home
>
> the following makes me wonder:
>
> Size 738,1 M
> Free space 494,1 /2.3 Gb (78%) used
>
> I see a mismach here in numbers. if there is 738M used then I should
> have one and a half gigs free.
>
> How that can happen and how can I recover or find the files I don't have
> any more ?
>
> Klemm

is your filesystem ext3 ?

try listing that directory with the missing files from whithin a console.
if you can see them in the console, use midnight commander ( just type " mc " )
to copy them to some other location.

don't ask me why, but i have experienced some weird stuff with ext3, for example
some apps ( konq, xmms ) couldn't see my mp3 backup, and i had to copy it to
another partition in order to use it...

HTH

Damian

--
Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my disk?