"Vincent A. Primavera" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> saith:

> Hello,
>       What I don't understand is how we receive the newsletter boasting of
> such great news regarding their financial status etc. and then when it
> comes down to it they are laying off key players.  What can you really
> believe?

Forgive my optimism, but unless Civileme himself indicates
otherwise, I have to believe that this was a necessary move
for Mandrake. Yes, it  saddens us, but we don't know
anything about what went into the decision, and I see no
reason to assume the worst (viz. that Mandrake is a big,
nasty, uncaring corporation).

Quite the contrary, in fact. Remember, even though MDK is
doing well, they are still _not_ profitable. If we want to
see Linux Mandrake survive, they must become profitable,
which takes some unfortunate decisions. I'm sad that
Civileme is being laid off, but if this helps Mandrakesoft
survive and thrive, then I'm pleased.

And lest anybody think otherwise, I _do_ think Civileme is
The Man. So Civileme, if something is rotten in Denmark...
er, Paris, then let us know cuz we've got your back; we'll
do anything we can to keep you on. Otherwise I must be
thankful that the community still has you, that MDK's future
is bright, and that you are destined to excel in whatever
you take on from here.

Miark