You wrote:

>Patrick,
>I don't know why I didn't think before, anyway,
>your doing it wrong,

>Select  Create CD,
>then Master tracks,then in
>Master source, then in file directory view,
>then trace the tree to/mnt/cdrom/<file to be copied>
>(having first decompressed the radio button,display
>directory only), then click add,
>which then brings up add path to master directories window,
>then click radio button, add to root / , OK,

>then click create session image,
>Click calculate size,

>Here you have two choices, since you only have a writer/rom
>and no seperate rom drive, effectively you have one choice,
>so click  Master to image file.

>that brings up the sliderbar window and all is done,

>Your now have an iso of your chosen data CD,

>Then write it to disc.
>Just go to write tracks window,
>all - add,
>all - accept
>write tracks

>iso file is then writen.

>But the easiest way generally is to do the process on the command
>line with cdrecord, how are you with these programmes.

>John

Yea, I think this could work. But it is essentially the same as mounting the
CD and copying its content on HD and making an iso of that. But I want to
copy the CD 1:1. An exact copy wich is bootable if it was bootable with the
same Label, creation Time...

What do you think of this:

pm@merlin:~$ /usr/bin/readcd
bash: /usr/bin/readcd: Permission denied

there's no man readcd on my system...

the permission for readcd is:
-rwxr-s---    1 root     cdwriter   117720 Apr 12 21:05 readcd

I am now in group cdwriter.

is readcd the program that xcdroast uses to read cds? (as the name suggests?)
Well I have changed the permissions on readcd to:
-rwxr-sr-x    1 root     cdwriter   117720 Apr 12 21:05 readcd

but nothing has changed in xcdroast.

Patrik