the way we handle this sort of problem where I come form is something I used
to call "playing Mafia". when there no problems, we make lifelong bonds with
friends we can truly trust, and they can trust us completely. then we make a
pack that says "you watch my (and my flock's) back, and I will watch you and
yours, no matter what, beyond death". and then we live up to that. the real
trick is to know whom will be worth that sort of effort. the joy of it is, if
you screw me over, and I end up behind bars, I will still screw you over in
return, and I will have a perfect alibi, since I was behind bars. same goes
if you kill me in a gunfight, you gonna still get killed (by me, even tho I
am dead). we also have a saying that "revenge is best eaten cold"