I assume you want to scan for Windows viruses since Linux is not susceptable
to viruses itself.
Kapersky anti virus is popular. It interfaces directly in with the postfix
mail server.  I believe a copy of Kapersky is on the Powerpack version of the
Mandrake Cds, or you can get it here. http://www.kaspersky.com/

As for a mail server. No need to spend $1800  Postfix comes on your Mandrake
Cds for free. POP3 or IMAP access to mails no problem, and your boss can get
copies.

If you want something that does all the other (non mail) features of Microsoft
Exchange then take a look at Bynari http://www.bynari.net

derek