Here in the UK, a law is soon to be passed that evesdropping on email is the
same as tapping a telephone. Companies will not be allowed to do it. Police
will need a court order.

As for the technical side, I use postfix with virus protection from 'hbedv'
in Germany. I have the setting 'always_bcc = user' in main.cf and have an
archive account set up. This is for backup/archival puposes only. The file
never gets read unless the user request a copy of the email. The email file
is rotated on a regular basis.

What your boss is suggesting also boils my blood...tell him to get a life!

David