On Tuesday September 17 2002 04:54 pm, et wrote:
> <snip>
>
> > I think all this pro-/anti-American stuff is a smokescreen to
> > prevent people noticing that we are using a French distribution.
> > M. Robin

> by jove..... Bonapartists...damn I wish I had percieved such....

    Actually, recently on the cooker list, someone called Mandrake a
French distro.  It was quickly pointed out by a few of Mdk's developers
that the majority of Mdk's business and users are in the USA, so it
could just as well be called an American distro.

    IMO, just about all Linux distros are International, and as such
political (or religious) hyperbole is best left out of discussions.