On Tuesday 17 September 2002 04:56 am, you wrote:
> > Wrong, we have a bill of rights. It isn't a Bill Gates of
> > rights but it works
> > none the less.  People disagree with W all the time and live
> > to tell about
> > it, and in this day and age most Americans know their rights
> > very well, we
> > have tv programs with new episodes every week that let us
> > know what is legal
> > and what isn't. It is a great Country.  Glad I live here.
> > --
>
> And Americans wonder why much of the rest of the planet hates them :-(
>
> Yes, you have a Bill of Rights. And it applies to (white) Americans.
really, heck I am white, and I thought it was for rich americans. are you
sure it is race and not wealth?

It
> just looks like it doesn't need apply to anyone who isn't an American.
>
> Now re-read my comment, I am not claiming that my country is perfect. Nor
> am I claiming that America is Satan's breath.
It seems to me, some times here, when people feel as tho someone might be
disagreeing with some of their ideals, that that person might be claiming a
moral high ground and that while no claim is written, they tend to assume it
since they can't really intelectully defend their posisition. they then
"attack the messenger", as oppossed to giving open minded thought to the
points raised. Perhaps they are so busy with life and getting ahead in
America that they don't really have the time to ponder their veiws. or
perhaps they have not had a chance to mature their outlook. perhaps they are
just young, and after having a few more "life experiances" they will
consider becoming "more enlightened"? Hopefully.

> I *will* claim that (too) many Americans are hyper-sensitive to *any*
> criticism of their country.
I wonder how many of those "hyper-sensitive" have served it the Military of
their country? and will you consider that if they had served, don't they have
a "right" to be sensitive? and by that same measure, don't the ones that have
_not_ served, but could have, given up the right to hyper sensitivity?