At some point, somebody wrote:

>>I *will* claim that (too) many Americans are hyper-sensitive to *any*
>>criticism of their country.

Actually, just about all the Americans I know personally take criticism
of their country surprisingly mildly.  As one commented wryly (on
anti-American demonstrations), "I see a lot of people burning American
flags, but I don't see anyone burning Green Cards."

Coming back to the subject of Linux (just for a change), am I right in
observing that while in Europe Linux is perceived as left-libertarian
thing, in North America it's seen as a right-libertarian thing (to the
extent it's seen in political terms at all, that is)?

\begin{troll}
BTW, I hear the more extreme Bonapartists in MandrakeSoft are splitting
off to start their own distribution, called "Linoux Dirigiste". \end{troll}

Sir Robin

--
"So I repeat myself?  I am great, I contain tautologies."

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Üniversitesi
Ankara