-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Scott Felton
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 7:14 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] Mounting my NTFS partition

I'm new to Mandrake and fairly new to Linux (ran Slackware for a few
months
back around 3.5-4.0 on a P166)

Now I have a new machine, 1.3g celeron, 384m RAM and two 40g hard
drives. I
have been installing and toying with many distros but Mandrake is the
first
that has my interest for more than a day or two.

I have Windows XP on the first hard drive (hda) that came with the
computer.
How do (can?) I mount that drive just in case I want to get something
off it
to look at from here in Linux?

I created a "/windows" directory (as root) and tried.........