On Wed, 2002-09-18 at 20:13, Scott Felton wrote:
> I'm new to Mandrake and fairly new to Linux (ran Slackware for a few months
> back around 3.5-4.0 on a P166)
>
> Now I have a new machine, 1.3g celeron, 384m RAM and two 40g hard drives. I
> have been installing and toying with many distros but Mandrake is the first
> that has my interest for more than a day or two.
>
> I have Windows XP on the first hard drive (hda) that came with the computer.
> How do (can?) I mount that drive just in case I want to get something off it
> to look at from here in Linux?
>
> I created a "/windows" directory (as root) and tried.........
>
> [root@whitetrash scott]# mount -t ntfs /dev/hda /windows
try:
                           mount -t ntfs /dev/hda1 /windows
Mandrake puts mount points in /mnt, so it may be /mnt/windows. I use
/mnt/winnt.
/dev/hda is the disk, /dev/hda1 is a partition. you want to mount a
partition.
BTW, it WILL be read-only. Read-write access is experimental, don't use
it.

--
*Michael Notforyou*
Registered Linux User #197888