> > Have you installed "kernel-source" ? That one is needed for sure. HTH
> > --
> > Dennis M. linux user #180842
> Thanks Dennis for the fast reply.
> No, I haven't installed the "kernel-source". I didn't get any messages that it was
>needed. I will promptly install it, and try my rebuild again!
>
> Thanks a lot for the help! I will post back with my results.
>
> PS. Are all of the packages that I installed required to rebuild from src? I am a
>bit concerned about wasting space on my hd w/uneeded packages.

I tried to install "kernel-source" for my kernel, which is 2.4.18-6mdk, with Software
Manager. When I clicked on install, Software Manager was going to install
"kernel-source" for 2.4.18-8.1mdk from my update site ftp.sunet.se!!! What is with
that??? I didn't know what to do except XKill SM.

I tried it again, and SM wanted to do the same thing...install kernel-source
2.4.18-8.1mdk. I'm stumped with this behaviour from SM.
Any thoughts on this?

--Angus

"Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around in awareness."--James
Thurber

Reg. Linux User #278931
Download the FREE Opera browser at www.opera.com/download/

Free OperaMail at http://www.operamail.com/