On Sunday 22 September 2002 09:35 am, Angus Auld wrote:
> > On Sunday 22 September 2002 08:41 am, Angus Auld wrote:
> > >         Greetings all,
> > > I thought maybe I could do this, but it looks like I was mistaken.
> > > I am trying to rebuild a source rpm, and having some problems. I have
> > > installed the following packages on my 8.2 system so far in my noob
> > > attempts to rebuild src: rpm-build, spec-helper, libtool, XFree86
> > > devel, glibc-devel, kernel-headers, make, gcc, binutils, libbinutils2,
> > > automake, autoconf, m4-1.4ppre2-2mdk.......and still, no fun!
> > >
> > > Can anyone help me to do this rebuilding? I will attach the terminal
> > > output of my 'rpm --rebuild fluxbox-0.1.12-1mdk.src.rpm' attempt. Also
> > > an error.txt file with some additional info.
> > >
> > >  Many TIA's for any feedback.
> > >

> > > --Angus
> > >
> > > "Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around in
> > > awareness."--James Thurber
> > >
> > > Reg. Linux User #278931
> >
> > Have you installed "kernel-source" ? That one is needed for sure. HTH
> > --
> > Dennis M. linux user #180842

> Thanks Dennis for the fast reply.
> No, I haven't installed the "kernel-source". I didn't get any messages that
> it was needed. I will promptly install it, and try my rebuild again!
>
> Thanks a lot for the help! I will post back with my results.
>
> PS. Are all of the packages that I installed required to rebuild from src?
> I am a bit concerned about wasting space on my hd w/uneeded packages.
>

> --Angus
>
> "Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around in
> awareness."--James Thurber
>
> Reg. Linux User #278931
The only one I don't seem to have installed is "make" and that is needed for
tar files, so I should add it, but I just noticed you didn't list
"rpm-rebuilder" and that should be added. With the header-source and
rpm-rebuilder you should be able to install source files. HTH
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842