On Sun, 22 Sep 2002 07:24:46 -0500
Marcia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This is all very interesting to me. By the way how and where exactly
> would I append Lilo with the 'lilo append mem=nopentium'?  I would
> very much like to try this option since I continue to have to reboot
> to get most things working.

Here is a copy of 1 of my kernel entries in lilo from /etc/lilo.conf

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.19-16mdk
        label=2419-16
        root=/dev/hda5
        read-only
        optional
        vga=788
        append=" devfs=mount hdg=ide-scsi hdh=ide-scsi mem=nopentium"
        initrd=/boot/initrd-2.4.19-16mdk.img

After making and saving the change/changes be sure to run lilo.
[root@localhost charles]# lilo

    Charles

The sooner our happiness together begins, the longer it will last.
                -- Miramanee, "The Paradise Syndrome", stardate 4842.6
Charles A Edwards
[EMAIL PROTECTED]